Things I want to do this summer:
1. Buy a juicer. I’ve been eyeing up this Omega masticating juicer on the recommendation of a friend at work. Now if only I could afford it.
2. Do a trial run of the Paleo/Primal diet. This is something I’ve wanted to do for a long time now, but not for the purposes of weight-loss. It simply makes sense to me.
Hello, bacon. Goodbye, waffles.
3. Read two books per month. I recently cleaned out my bookshelf and found at least six newish books that I have never read! I think I’m a bit of a book hoarder.
4. Exercise more regularly. I’ve been walking a lot lately but I also want to do some arm and abs workouts. I have a bum wrist, so this poses a challenge.
5. Cook with more color and blog about it.
Gold pineapple and red red raspberries.
6. Revamp my skin care/hair care/body care routine. I stopped using the super drying acne medication that my dermatologist prescribed me several days ago and my skin seems happy about it, for the most part. Just don’t look at my forehead.
7. DRINK MORE WATER! STAY HYDRATED AND HEALTHY. I have a hard time with hydration and electrolyte balance.
Chicken salad salad with pineapple salsa and tortilla rounds. Paired with an [unpictured] glass of water???
8. Spend more time with my siblings. They are growing up in the blink of an eye and I need to take some time to play and laugh with them. They won’t be 6 or 9 or 12 forever.
9. Sing at an open mic with my boo. He plays guitar and sometimes we have singing sessions together. It makes me feel alive. Being famous is an unrequited dream of mine, you know.
Whole wheat penne (you can’t even tell!) with vodka sauce, parm and green beans, all compliments to the chef, Kelly. I take no credit for this making this meal. All credit for eating it, though.
10. Wean off my medication. Again, something I’ve been wanting to do for a while. I don’t like being emotionally or financially tied to something that I’m not always sure even works.
What are your plans/goals for this summer?